(1 - 20 of 41)
- Finding aid created November 2013; content covers period of 1973 - 2013.
- Dr. Chai-Shin Yu Collection - Finding Aid
- Presented by the Cheng Yu Tung East Asian Library
- This Dr. Chai-Shin Yu Collection consists of different types of personal objects which belonged to Dr. Chai-Shin Yu who was a Korean Studies Professor at the University of Toronto. As he was one of the earliest contributors to the establishment of Korean Studies in Canada, Dr. Chai-Shin Yu Collection contains important materials from the early 1970’s to 2013. It is a vital section of the Korean Canadian Heritage Archives (KCHA) for it gives an original depiction of the lifestyles of Korean Canadians who first immigrated to Canada, and his academic documents display the process and efforts of building up Korean Canadian Studies within the country. The donated items were organized according to the KCHA accession categorization standard, and they include originals and photocopies of letters, newsletters, books, photographs, ephemera such as leaflets and brochures, personal documents such as awards, and news clippings regarding Dr. Yu.
- East Asian Library, University of Toronto.
- Part of